Tuesday, January 04, 2005

And what about Becky?

Continuing the theme of the previous post, I plugged into Google the name of the interviewer of Peggy Gish, a woman named Becky Branford. Apart from previous articles (she seems to travel a lot), I came up with a mention of an identical name in this online petition trying to obtain the release of two people being held after the riots at the G8 summit in Genoa.

I can't be sure if this is the same person (the profession listed is "Copy editor" which is similar enough to journalist to make me think it is) , but wouldn't it be marvellous if our Becky turned out to be an anticapitalist campaigner! Then we could have a lefty anticapitalist interviewing a lefty antiwar campaigner in the interests of evenhandedness!

I must do some more digging tomorrow, but now it's time for bed.