Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hirsi Ali returns to Netherlands parliament

From Netherlands Radio:
Controversial Dutch MP Ayaan Hirsi Ali has returned to public life after more than two months in hiding, determined to continue with her fight against Muslim oppression.At the press conference, an optimistic Ms Hirsi Ali vowed to continue with all aspects of her work.
“I will go on with my work here in parliament. I will attend all the meetings, I will control our government. And, beyond that I will keep on writing articles, I will keep on writing scripts for not just Submission Part II but Part III and so on. I will do anything in my power to keep the oppression of women on the agenda.”

The news that she is to make follow-ups to Submission is important and welcome. Of course the BBC, in the wake of "Jerry Springer", will be fighting for the broadcast rights, to show how even-handed they are in their treatment of different faiths.

(Via